The Best Interactive, Fun Games To Play When You Have Three People
Are you looking for a variety of fun, interactive games you can play with only those closest to you?
Maybe you’re a tight-knit household, isolating due to Covid-19, and you’re desperate for a splash of fun to kill the boredom of yet another nation-wide lockdown.
Or, maybe you’ve simply hit a wall, your creativity stunted and you need a breath of relief to get those juices flowing.
Either way, look no further –
Here at OpenforChristmas, we’ve got you covered!
It’s been a year since the advent of coronavirus and, needless to say, we’re all fast running out of creative ways to pass the time while we’re stuck between our four walls.
So, while the world is on pause and we’re forced to stick to various physical-distancing measures, it’s still vital to maintain strong connections with the people we love and care for, no matter where they may be isolated for the foreseeable.
With that in mind, there are literally thousands of virtual and non-virtual fun games and activity ideas you can play with your friends and fam, it’s simply a case of knowing where to look.
For your convenience, we’ve gone ahead and rounded up the very best of the best fun games to play with three people across the globe!
Here are some of the best fun games to play with 3 people
- Cards Against Humanity
- Backyard Obstacle Course
- Air Hockey
- Find & Seek Scavenger Hunt
- Jumanji Original Board Game
- Laser Tag
- Wink Murder
- Most Likely To
Fun games to play with three people indoors…
Stuck inside on a rainy day with nothing to do but twiddle your thumbs to pass the time?
Well, twiddle no more!
Cards Against Humanity is a card game like no other: each pack comes with 100 black ‘fill in the blank’ question cards, and 500 white potential ‘answer’ cards to complete the questions with.
But unlike most traditional card games, CAH turns your lackluster conversation (let’s face it, after months in isolation, we’re ALL struggling to know what to say) and abundance of generally unacceptable social skills into HOURS of twisted fun!
How to Play the Cards Against Humanity Game:
The rules of the game are simple:
- To set the game up and prepare the players for the game, each player is given 11 white ‘answer’ cards to keep close and use throughout the game.
- Each round, one player – dubbed the ‘card Csar’ picks a black card from the stack, asking the question out loud to the rest of the players.
- Next, each other player takes up to 2 minutes to choose their ‘fill in the blank’ answer, to create the most unique and amusing sentence out of the combination of black and white cards.
For example, if the card Csar picks a black card that says, “Dude, do not go in that bathroom. There’s _______ in there…”, and you have the white card “an endless stream of diarrhea“, you could make the hilarious sentence “Dude, do not go in that bathroom. There’s an endless stream of diarrhea in there.”
- Each player submits their makeshift sentence to the card Csar for them to then pick the winner based on whichever sentence tickles their sense of humor the most. The winner receives the black card from that round as a reward for their creative talent.
- At the end of the game, the player (or players) with the most black cards in their deck is crowned the Winner.
- However, if there are two players with an equal number of black cards, they battle it out in one last Quickfire round, the winner ultimately is decided based on comedic talent and twistedness!
So, if you wanna find out what your friends are really thinking, how dark their minds can really get and who amongst you have the better creative brains, why not pick Cards Against Humanity for your next rainy-day game of fun? Made for three-player groups or more, there’s plenty of mischief in the making for everyone!
Fun games to play with three friends outdoors if you have the space…
Do you have a bunch of backyard space going to waste, but have no idea what to do with it or make the most out of it?
If you’re yearning for something to fill up that space, then we’ve found just the thing:
The Backyard Ninja Obstacle Course from Flybold features a huge 40ft slackline with up to 8 obstacles ready to swing, jump and climb across, including:
- 4 gymnastic rings,
- 2 fist holds
- 2 monkey bars
…all of which are capable of carrying up to 300lbs (or, up to three-player(s))!
If you’re concerned about the safety aspect, don’t be: your friends are in great hands, with 13 safety strap buckles included to keep your clique comfortable and protected throughout their energetic play.
Not only does this backyard obstacle course help you get out of the house and exercise in a fun, challenging way, but it also allows you to work as a team, giving you space and activity to build stronger connections with your friends and/or family.
Furthermore, if you’re training for an upcoming sports event, this kit is the perfect way to add an enjoyable game to your training regime.
Stuck for time between working from home and taking care of the kids? Don’t worry – with the handy visual instruction booklet that comes with it, you can set up your obstacle course game in just 8 minutes or less!
So, if you’re desperate to get out but have no clue what to do when you get there, pick up the Backyard Ninja Obstacle Course from Flybold today.
3. Air Hockey
Another exciting way to get the most of your backyard space could be to get the whole gang together to play some team sports. Games like hockey, tennis, or soccer are all fantastic for three-player groups, because they don’t have to be played with entire teams.
All you really need to play the game are:
- a goal for each of the players,
- a hockey stick for each of the players,
- and a ball or puck to hit around.
Fortunately, the 2-in-1 Hover Hockey/Soccer Kit comes with everything you’ll ever need for hours of backyard sports fun!: one hover soccer ball, one hover hockey puck, one inflatable soccer ball, two goals, and two hockey sticks. That means you’ve got everything you need for two main players and an umpire.
Alternatively, if you want to play with three-players, you can simply buy an extra hockey stick and goal. That way, no player is left twiddling their thumbs on the sidelines.
Most importantly, the games are easy to set up and put away, with just a few simple steps to assemble or disassemble, and a handy box for quick and convenient storage, so you can keep the fun going no matter how small your space might be!
So, get your body moving and get the whole gang working together – your friends and loved ones will thank you later!
Three-player, interactive games for kids…
The Find and Seek Scavenger Hunt Card Game from Hapinest is a fun activity game created specifically for inquisitive, nature-loving minds to explore their world and learn on the job.
Playable indoors or outdoors, this set includes:
- 35 ‘Find and Seek’ cards with different sensory prompts written on them, such as ‘Scratchy’, ‘Fuzzy’, or ‘Cold’.
- 2 instruction cards with instructions to play three different yet equally challenging and exciting scavenger hunt games
- 1 drawstring bag for a quick, easy tidy-up, and convenient portability, perfect for playing in your own backyard or taking on group road trips across the States!
How to Play the Find and Seek Scavenger Hunt Game:
Simply pick a bunch of cards from the stack and explore your wildlife-rich space to find natural objects that match the words on the cards.
For example, if your card reads ‘Fuzzy’, you could go and stroke your dog or cat. If it says ‘Cold’, you could go and open the freezer or fridge.
Encourage learning and development with these fun and stimulating sensory word games, built for curious children and analytical adults.
Do you seek to find a way to leave your world behind?
Does the call of the unknown ring out your name at the toss of the dice?
Have you heard of the lost Jumanji?
If so, then the Jumanji Original Board Games are the games for you.
But they’re not for the faint of heart: Do not begin unless you truly intend to finish.
If you’re like us and you’ve seen the original classic 1995 Jumanji film, then we’re sure you’ll adore these games. You get to:
- stalk lions right alongside Robin Williams (a TRUE hero of the comedy world; we were blessed to have him!)
- run from hordes of giant spiders with brother and sister duo Peter and Judy
- make friends with the mandrills that just turn up in your kitchen one day (you know, typical Monday things!)
These games come with: 1 game board, 4 colored pawns, 1 rhino mover, 1 sand timer, 2 dice, 4 rescue dice, 33 danger cards, 1 label sheet, and 1 list of instructions.
How to Play the Jumanji Original Board Games:
A) Choose your pawn and place it at the start.
B) Each of the players should throw the die to determine who will move first. The player with the highest score goes first.
C) Move around the board and decode secret rhyming messages
D) Race against time to roll the dice to save you and other players from vicious enemies and predators of the wild.
E) Double-cross your opponents in sneak twists, by strategically placing the evil rampaging rhino to block their path as they move!
Ultimately, find out who your friends and foes are as you move around the board to reach the end!
Venture into the world of Jumanji, but only if you truly dare!
Already prepping for the holidays, but stuck for ideas on where to go once things open up again? Why not check out the best Christmas days out for kids, and look forward to your next festive family fun day.
Here are some of the best fun games to play with more than three people
6. Laser Tag
Ahh, Laser Tag: the stuff of childhood memories, birthday parties, and easy-going school trips. You might think the game is relegated to those of Gen Z or younger, but you’d be off by a long shot.
Laser Tag is fun, exhilarating, and ripe for creative imagination, but if you’re worried it’s lost its cool, we’ve come up with a whole handful of reasons why you’re never too old for laser tag:
- It’s a fun way to exercise: running around, learning how to be stealthy, and exploring creative hiding places are all key to strengthening core muscles and exercising the creative AND analytical brains.
- You get brownie points for being the COOLEST PARENT EVER: let’s face it, shooting fake guns is COOL!
- Team-building: Opposing teams centers the focus on team-building and effective communication, which are all key skills necessary for personal and professional growth.
- Hours of weather-proof family fun: As we’re well aware by this point in 2021, being cooped up in the house for too long creates stagnation and fosters hyperactivity and low mood.
- This is exacerbated even further when you have kids or loved ones who are longing to get outdoors and take out their frustrations in a productive way.
- With laser tag, everyone can benefit from the fresh outdoors, the breathless fun, and the sense of community that all come from the competitive game.
- Not only that, but if you come prepared with raincoats and galoshes, then you can burn off all of that tense energy come rain or shine!
With this particular laser tag set from ArmoGear, up to 4 whole teams can play the riveting battle!
The kit comes with target vests, invisibility mode, night vision flashlights, voice-guided directions, and a shooting range of up to 150FT!
With a variety of shooting styles to choose from, including pistol, shotgun, machine gun, and rocket, there’s plenty of fun to be had spraying laser ‘bullets’ and ‘killing’ vicious enemies.
Have a blast and create cherished memories that your family and friends can enjoy for decades! It’s the perfect game gift sure to delight players of all ages.
7. Wink Murder
Most people would agree that school was a stressful event, rife with pressure, potential, and playground politics.
However, when the mood settled and all the work for the day was completed, we’d often find ourselves with a little extra time and energy to wind down by playing some unique, interactive games involving the whole class.
This included such games as Wink Murder.
Wink Murder is a fun party game in which one player is picked to be the anonymous, hidden ‘killer’ who winks at their chosen ‘victims’ in order to eliminate or ‘kill them off’ from the game. The rest of the group act as both potential victims AND as investigators on the hunt to find out the killer’s true identity.
The trick of the game is to find out the killer’s identity before everyone’s killed off one-by-one.
Convenient and completely free, this game requires no added props or materials, and can be played both indoors and outdoors, no matter where you happen to be. The only things you will need are a group of eager ‘victims’ (we recommend 10 – 20 players for a real challenge), and someone who’s good at winking!
How to Play the Wink Murder Game:
To play Wink Murder, you should first pick your ‘murderer’ by blind picking (the moderator picks the killer while everyone’s eyes are closed).
Then, arrange the group into a circle. The game begins with everyone standing up, wandering around the space, making conversation and eye contact with each other.
As this goes on, the ‘murderer’ must try to catch someone’s eye and wink at them to eliminate them. If someone is winked at, they should act out dying dramatically, then wait for a few seconds to make it harder to guess who the ‘murderer’ is.
If a living person thinks they know who the ‘murderer’ is, they should exclaim “I accuse”, and point to who they think the murderer is. However, in order to find out if the accusation is correct, there must be a second accuser. If there is, the accused must either come clean as the murderer or deny the accusation if they’re innocent.
If the accusation is found to be correct, the round ends. However, if the accusation is found to be incorrect, then the accuser must forfeit their place and leave the room immediately.
The game continues until either the murderer is found out or all players are eliminated.
To make the game a little more challenging, you could also opt to forbid the players from talking. This is a great twist, because it will make it even harder for the players to get across their accusations, and thus could potentially extend the playing time up to 2 hours longer! That’s awesome if you’re stuck with nothing to do all day!
Most Likely To is a spicy party game where you and your friends get together to ask each other unique questions, break the ice, and get to know each other on a much deeper level.
Much like Never Have I Ever, this game will leave you questioning some friendships and yearning for more with others.
Are you excited to find out more? Then read on!
How to Play Most Likely To:
The game starts with one player drawing a card from the pack, with the group then deciding who, out of said group, would be ‘most likely to’ do or say what is written on the card.
For example, one card might say ‘…wake up with a pineapple in their bed‘ or ‘get lost in their own mansion‘, and the whole group would have to debate and come to a vote about which player would be most likely to do said thing.
One of the elements we love the most about this game is that it’s less of a competition and more of an excuse to have a great conversation, get to know one another, and test the limits of each player’s character.
However, it is essential to note that once the group has decided who is most likely to do what’s written, the player chosen will be ‘tagged’ with that card. In the end, the player with the most cards (at least 7) loses.
Scrabble(TM): the game of champions; a wordsmith’s paradise, and an all-around enjoyable challenge for anyone with a firm grasp of the English language.
But, have you ever wondered what it would be like to be able to step right into the game itself? Us too! This is why we scoured the interwebs hunting down the best life-size version, and hell if we didn’t just go ahead and find the perfect match: Gigantagrams.
Gigantagrams is basically a giant game of Scrabble, complete with a whopping 146 letter tiles to mix and match with while stretching those all-important mind muscles to their limit!
How to Play the Gigantagrams Games:
If you’re a Scrabble veteran, you can easily set up a makeshift ‘board’ right in your living room or backyard, and play the classic games to your heart’s content.
Alternatively, you could opt to have each player make their own grid, each round allowing you to improve your grid and work towards creating the ultimate word grid out of all of the players. The player with the biggest and most challenging grid at the end, wins.
If you play this way, you’ll also come across the hidden ‘switch’ pieces – picking one of these will mean you have to rotate within your group to the player next to you, to work on their grid instead. This way, you’ll always have a chance to win, even if your original grid isn’t faring so well!
It’s a fun activity for children and adults across the board, with many parents claiming they couldn’t put it away even after putting the family to bed!
Why not get in on the fun by picking up a pack today?
Final Thoughts on Fun Games to Play with 3 People
Board games vs video games – which comes out on top?
In his widely-read and interesting post, Quintin Smith argues that board games and low-budget RPGs are far better than video games, for the low-risk development and guaranteed quality despite the wealth of options available.
Video games, on the other hand, require a substantial financial budget and years to develop into games that are worth playing.
Surprisingly, however, according to the Psychiatry & Behavioral Health Learning Network (PBHLN), the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has, as recently as June 2020, approved the use of video games as a prescription treatment for children and adults with Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD).
This is based on a study completed using Akili Interactive’s EndevourRx game, which indicated to ‘improve attention function (…) after 4 weeks of use’. In that sense, video games could be considered to be the more beneficial option in the short-term.
That being said, studies have often shown that the long-term, daily use of board games specifically for the purpose of increasing cognitive function and getting those creative juices flowing, have long-since proven to have long-lasting beneficial effects on memory retention and improving attention.
In the end, it’s up to you: do you dream of tossing dice to your heart’s content? Or, do you long to lose all sense of time and space in the expansive world of VR? Whichever your poison, we hope you can find the perfect activity for you and your friends.
Top trending multiplayer video games for three or more players
- Among Us – You’re trapped on a space station with a host of players, one or more of which could be ‘Imposters’, falsely completing space tasks to cover their murderous tracks. Play to kill or play to finish the game – either way, the deadly choice is yours! Can you find the killer before your whole crew is cut down? This game can be played on iOS or Android devices in either local co-op or online multiplayer mode.
- PlayerUnknown’s BattleGrounds (PUBG) – PUBG is an online multiplayer battle royale game much like Fortnite, albeit much more realistic and immersive. In the game, you play either: on your own; or, in a duo, trio, or quad team, dispatched from a plane to travel across the map building up your armory and taking out the other teams. Eventually, the last team standing are crowned the Winners. Be sure to only play if you have a strong stomach! This game is great for releasing tension and working as a team.
- Pokémon: GO – Speaking of online multiplayer games, what list would be complete without Pokémon: GO? Search for your favorite Pokémon and train them for the battle for control of local gyms in the race to catch ’em all! It’s also one of the better games for getting you out of the house and into the real world, interacting with real people, and exploring the wealth of opportunity available right outside your backyard!
Conclusion on Fun Games to Play with Three People
Through this post, we hope you were able to find the perfect three-player game to suit your and your friends’ tastes and keep the party going well into the night!
From all of your faithful elves working around the clock to gather the best options for you and your loved ones, here at Open for Christmas, we hope you find the games that will give you joy and laughter for years to come.
Related Articles for More Activities:
- 90s Music Quiz – 55 Questions And Answers
- Christmas Days Out for Kids and Rainy Day Activities
- 12 Best & Exciting Christmas Activities For Kids
- 21 Fascinating Fun Facts About Easter Eggs